Community Health and Research Principles
7. Based on the results of the survey, which of the following health education theories would be the MOST appropriate to use as the foundation for an oral health education intervention to improve compliance with the dental referral?
11. Lower-SES populations are identified as a high priority target populations in the United States because these populations are identified as having unmet oral health needs by the Surgeon General’s Report.
20. A public health problem is a condition that is widespread and has an actual or potential cause of morbidity or mortality. Using this definition, the school system has a public health problem based on the high DMF scores of the school children.
24. The primary role of the public health dental hygienist is to provide direct patient treatment. The dental hygienist’s role in this program is primarily coordination, training, and serving as a resource that fulfills the role of the public health hygienist.
25. Assessment data are collected from each pediatric patient to determine his or her dental experiences. Which of the following terms describes the children’s annual visits to a dentist or dental hygienist?
|Variable in the Study||Type of Variable|
|___ 1. Age||A. Dependent|
|___ 2. Compliance with periodontal maintenance||B. Extraneous|
|___ 3. Gender||C. Independent|
|___ 4. Instructions about the importance of periodontal maintenance||D. Relevant and controlled|
|___ 5. Method of appointment scheduling|
|___ 6. Periodontal status|
37. The entire dental hygiene faculty in the dental hygiene clinic uses the same standardized design of periodontal probe at all times to measure clinical attachment loss to classify patients’ periodontal status and has calibrated with each other on the use of this probe. Select the two factors that are enhanced by using the same periodontal probe and calibration.
47. After seeing the high levels of ECC in the children, the public health hygienist is motivated to organize a fluoridation campaign for this community. Which of the following would be the BEST first step?