Tips for Staying Tobacco Free
- Admit to yourself that you are addicted ttobacco. Don’t tell yourself that one smoke, or chew, won’t matter—it will.
- Take one day at a time. Don’t decide to quit forever, just for today.
- Avoid tension-building ituations. This is not the time to o on a crash diet or tackle a difficult problem.
- Stay well rested. Go to bed early every night during your withdrawal period.
- Brush or floss your teeth or use a mouthwash when you have the urge to use tobacco.
- Stay away from strong emptation especially in the early stages of your recovery. Alcohol can weaken your resolve, so avoid drinking. Limit your contact with tobacco-using friends or relat/>