Impression trays are used in conjunction with various types of materials to take imprints of the patient’s dentition. The type of tray chosen depends on the type of impression needed and the procedure that is indicated.
- Used to hold impression material
- Can be perforated for better retention
- Have a handle for better grasp during placement and removal
- Dentate impression trays – for patients with teeth
- Edentulous impression trays – for patients with no teeth
Metal perforated type trays
- Available in different sizes (denoted by nu/>