Pillars of the Invisalign Technique
The Invisalign system is not just a set of aligners, as other resources are needed to achieve success in each case. Based on this, we describe five pillars of the technique, which are:
- ClinCheck software
- Attachments and features of SmartForce
- Auxiliary techniques
Aligners are made from SmartTrack material, a patented plastic formula exclusively designed this purpose, while attachment templates are made with EX 15 and Vivera retainers with EX 40.
Characteristics of the SmartTrack technology:1
- Creates a soft and constant force.
- Is more elastic than other aligner materials, which results in a longer working period.
- Better adjustment to the teeth than any other alternative.
- Easier to use and provides an easier way of placing and removing the aligner.
Every aligner makes:
- 0.25 mm of lineal movement
- 2 degrees of angular movement to correct rotations
- 1 degree of torque movement (lingual–root torque or labial–root torque)