1. Activate amalgam restorative material capsule by squeezing two ends of capsule together, if indicated by manufacturer.
2. Place capsule in amalgamator and triturate for time indicated, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Continue to load prepared tooth with amalgam while condensing material into prepared tooth structure.
9. When prepared tooth structure has been overfilled with amalgam and all material has been condensed or packed into prepared tooth structure, begin carving and shaping of restoration.
11. Carve away excess material with a Hollenback carver, Wedelstadt chisel, or other instrument of choice.
12. Burnish amalgam again with football or ball burnisher, or use acorn burnisher to place grooves into surface of amalgam.